Sign In
Thursday, May 21, 2026
  • العربية
Top Header VOE Logo Header Dark Mode VOE Logo
  • Latest
  • Emirates
  • News
    • Gulf Countries
    • Arab Countries
    • World
  • Politics
    • Analysis
    • Interviews
    • Reports and investigations
  • Business
    • Companies
    • Real Estate
    • Stock Market
    • Green Energy
    • Oil And Gas
    • Bitcoin
    • Business Reports
  • Science and Tech
    • AI
    • Electric Vehicles
    • Space and Mars
  • Sport
    • World Cup 2026
  • Society
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel and Hotels
Reading: Israeli Foreign Minister condemns Sydney attack, blames anti-Semitic incitement
Share
Latest
A celebration was held in Moscow to mark the 80th anniversary of Jordan’s independence, with wide diplomatic attendance
Moscow criticizes Lithuanian statements regarding Kaliningrad, describing them as an attempt to divert attention
US charges target Cuban officials; potential sanctions include life imprisonment or the death penalty
Reading the messages of the visit: An American comparison between Putin’s and Trump’s moves in China
The United States drops punitive measures against a UN rapporteur after widespread controversy
Font ResizerAa
Voice Of EmiratesVoice Of Emirates
  • العربية
  • Latest News
Search
  • News
    • Emirates
    • Gulf Countries
    • Arab Countries
    • World
  • Politics
    • Analysis
    • Interviews
    • Reports and investigations
  • Business
    • Companies
    • Real Estate
    • Stock Market
    • Green Energy
    • Oil And Gas
    • Bitcoin
    • Business Reports
  • Science and Tech
    • AI
    • Electric Vehicles
    • Space and Mars
  • Lifestyle
  • Society
  • Sport
    • World Cup 2026
  • Health
  • Travel and Hotels
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
All rights reserved © Voice of Emirates - News service from Our Media Group
NewsWorld

Israeli Foreign Minister condemns Sydney attack, blames anti-Semitic incitement

Australia in shock after attack on Jewish celebration

علي رجب
Last updated: 14/12/2025 3:39 pm
Ali Ragab
علي رجب
ByAli Ragab
News Editor
Ali Ragab, editor at Voice of Emirates News Agency, Cairo office, is an Egyptian journalist and poet, a member of the Egyptian Journalists Syndicate, specializing in...
- News Editor
5 months ago
Share
2 Min Read
Israeli Foreign Minister condemns Sydney attack, blames anti-Semitic incitement
Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Sa'ar (Photo/Archive)
SHARE

Tel Aviv, Israel – Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Sa’ar condemned the armed attack targeting a Hanukkah celebration on Bondi Beach in Sydney, Australia, describing it as a “heinous crime” against innocent civilians. In a tweet on the X platform, Sa’ar said he was shocked by the “terrorist attack” targeting a Hanukkah celebration in Sydney.

Saar argued that the events were a direct result of what he described as anti-Semitic incitement on the streets of Australia over the past two years. He added that the inflammatory slogans of “globalizing the intifada” had now materialized. He called on the Australian government to take immediate action, saying it had received countless warning signs and needed to “wake up.”

This comes as organizers decided to cancel Hanukkah celebrations in Melbourne earlier this evening as a precautionary measure following the attack on the Jewish community in Sydney.

The Community Security Group also announced that the Hanukkah celebration at Caulfield Racecourse had ended early. Those present were asked to leave the site and return home.

On the official level, the Australian Cabinet’s National Security Committee is holding an emergency meeting in the capital, Canberra. Prime Minister Anthony Albanese is attending the meeting to discuss the security developments and the necessary measures. Victorian Premier Jacinta Allen said she was horrified by what had happened, emphasizing that all residents of Victoria stand with New South Wales and all those grieving during this time.

According to Australian authorities, the death toll from Sunday evening’s mass shooting has risen to ten, including one of the attackers who was killed during clashes with police. Twelve civilians sustained injuries of varying severity, in addition to two police officers. Government sources indicated that the number of victims is likely to rise further due to the critical condition of some of the injured. Local media outlets, citing informed sources, also reported expectations that the final death toll will increase.

TAGGED:AustraliaIsraelSydneyterrorist attackVoice Of Emirates
SOURCES:Voice Of EmiratesNewswires
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Telegram Threads Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Sydney's Bondi Beach tragedy: Australian Jewish Association chief describes attack as 'tragic and predictable' Sydney’s Bondi Beach tragedy: Australian Jewish Association chief describes attack as ‘tragic and predictable’
Next Article A crude explosive device was found in the car of the perpetrator of the Bundi attack; police reveal new details. A crude explosive device was found in the car of the perpetrator of the Bundi attack; police reveal new details.
32°C
Dubai
clear sky
33° _ 32°
40%
4 km/h
Thu
35 °C
Fri
32 °C
Sat
32 °C
Sun
31 °C
Mon
33 °C

Editor's Pick

A celebration was held in Moscow to mark the 80th anniversary of Jordan's independence, with wide diplomatic attendance

A celebration was held in Moscow to mark the 80th anniversary of Jordan’s independence, with wide diplomatic attendance

Jordan and the future of Jordanian-Russian relations

By
Medhat Elsheikh
2 Min Read
Moscow criticizes Lithuanian statements regarding Kaliningrad, describing them as an attempt to divert attention
Moscow criticizes Lithuanian statements regarding Kaliningrad, describing them as an attempt to divert attention

Russia: Moscow's position on European rhetoric

2 Min Read
US charges target Cuban officials; potential sanctions include life imprisonment or the death penalty
US charges target Cuban officials; potential sanctions include life imprisonment or the death penalty

America and the Raúl Castro case in political research

2 Min Read

Trending

Reading the messages of the visit: An American comparison between Putin's and Trump's moves in China

Reading the messages of the visit: An American comparison between Putin’s and Trump’s moves in China

China: Russian-American relations in the current landscape

32 minutes ago

The United States drops punitive measures against a UN rapporteur after widespread controversy

America and the behind-the-scenes story of…

56 minutes ago

Extensive investigations in France after the arrest of 16 people in a case involving children

France: Investigations into child abuse cases

1 hour ago

Google Unveils Docs Live: A New Step to Integrate Voice Gemini Within Gmail, Docs, and Keep

The Feature Allows Direct Voice Interaction…

4 hours ago

A Phone Call Between Ankara and Washington: Erdogan and Trump Discuss the Future of Relations and Regional Escalations

The Two Leaders Discuss Enhancing Political…

4 hours ago

You may also be interested in

NewsWorld

White House: Trump to Participate in G7 Summit in France Next June

Paris – France: The White House announced that President Donald Trump will participate in the proceedings of the G7 summit…

2 Min Read
AIScience and Tech

A New Launch in Image Verification: OpenAI and Google Set Different Standards to Combat Counterfeiting

Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates: In a step reflecting the escalating global concern over the spread of fake images…

3 Min Read
NewsWorld

Britain Condemns Ben-Gvir’s Mockery of “Gaza Flotilla” Participants

The British Foreign Secretary, Yvette Cooper, expressed her shock over Israeli National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir's mockery of the participants…

2 Min Read
Science and Tech

The End of a Long Battle: A Famous Game Returns to App Stores After Years of Absence

California - United States: Fortnite has officially returned to the App Store after an absence of nearly six years, a…

2 Min Read
Top Header VOE Logo Header Dark Mode VOE Logo
  • About Us
  • Contact us
  • Advertise with us
  • Privacy Policy
Reading: Israeli Foreign Minister condemns Sydney attack, blames anti-Semitic incitement
Share
  • Publishing Principles
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • Diversity Policy
  • Actionable Feedback Policy
  • Ownership & Funding
  • Privacy Policy
Reading: Israeli Foreign Minister condemns Sydney attack, blames anti-Semitic incitement
Share

All rights reserved © Voice Of Emirates – a news service from Our Media Group

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?