Sign In
Tuesday, Feb 17, 2026
  • العربية
Top Header VOE Logo Header Dark Mode VOE Logo
  • Latest
  • Emirates
  • News
    • Gulf Countries
    • Arab Countries
    • World
  • Politics
    • Analysis
    • Interviews
    • Reports and investigations
  • Business
    • Companies
    • Real Estate
    • Stock Market
    • Green Energy
    • Oil And Gas
    • Bitcoin
    • Business Reports
  • Science and Tech
    • AI
    • Electric Vehicles
    • Space and Mars
  • Sport
  • Society
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel and Hotels
Reading: The government session was an “opportunity” for reason. Hezbollah refuses to hand over weapons  
Share
Latest
Girona turns the tables on Barcelona and ignites the La Liga title race (video)
Imran Khan sons are demanding permission to visit their father due to his deteriorating health
The Lebanese army presents the second phase plan for confiscating weapons north of the Litani River
Al Wahda falls to Al Hilal with two goals in the AFC Champions League (video)
Shabab Al Ahly qualifies for the Round of 16 despite Al Ahly Saudi’s four goals in the AFC Champions League (video)
Font ResizerAa
Voice Of EmiratesVoice Of Emirates
  • العربية
  • Latest News
Search
  • News
    • Emirates
    • Gulf Countries
    • Arab Countries
    • World
  • Politics
    • Analysis
    • Interviews
    • Reports and investigations
  • Business
    • Companies
    • Real Estate
    • Stock Market
    • Green Energy
    • Oil And Gas
    • Bitcoin
    • Business Reports
  • Science and Tech
    • AI
    • Electric Vehicles
    • Space and Mars
  • Lifestyle
  • Society
  • Sport
  • Health
  • Travel and Hotels
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
All rights reserved © Voice of Emirates - News service from Our Media Group
Arab CountriesNews

The government session was an “opportunity” for reason. Hezbollah refuses to hand over weapons  

Last updated: 06/09/2025 6:33 pm
Sami Zarqa
BySami Zarqa
News Editor
A professional journalist and writer, he has worked in the media and visual journalism field for over 20 years. During his career, he has covered various...
Follow:
- News Editor
Share
4 Min Read
The government session was an "opportunity" for reason. Hezbollah refuses to hand over weapons  
Last month, the Lebanese Council of Ministers tasked the army with developing a plan to confine weapons to the state/agencies
SHARE
+ Summary

– Hezbollah considered the cabinet session on the army’s plan to confine weapons to the state as an opportunity for calm. They aim to avoid escalation in Lebanon.
– The Lebanese cabinet welcomed the army’s plan to disarm Hezbollah. However, they did not set a timeline for implementation, noting that ongoing Israeli operations could hinder its execution.
– Hezbollah affirmed that implementing the plan depends on Israel halting its raids. They also require the withdrawal of forces from southern Lebanon. This means the plan will remain suspended until these conditions are met.
This summary was generated by artificial intelligence and reviewed by the editorial team at Voice Of Emarat.

Beirut, Lebanon – Hezbollah official Mahmoud Qamati said Saturday that Hezbollah believes yesterday’s cabinet session on the army’s plan to confine weapons to the state provides “an opportunity to return to wisdom and reason. This is to prevent the country from sliding into the unknown.” 

Highlights
  • The implementation of an American road map
  • Internal and external pressures

On Friday, the Lebanese Council of Ministers welcomed the army’s plan to disarm the Hezbollah group.

He said that the army would begin implementing it, without specifying a time frame for that. He also pointed out that the army’s capabilities are limited in that area. 

But he added that continued Israeli military operations in Lebanon would hinder the army’s advance. 

Information Minister Paul Marcos made statements to reporters after the cabinet meeting. 

But he did not say during it that the council had officially approved the plan. 

The implementation of an American road map

Qamati said that Hezbollah reached its assessment based on what the government announced on Friday. The implementation of an American road map in this regard depends on Israel’s commitment. 

He stressed that unless Israel stops its raids and withdraws its forces from southern Lebanon, the implementation of the plan must remain suspended. This will be until further notice. 

He said, “The government’s announcement that any progress in implementing the US paper’s stands is subject to Israel’s commitment. This means that the application is frozen until further notice”. 

Last month, the Lebanese Council of Ministers tasked the army with developing a plan to limit weapons to the state. 

He also agreed to an American road map aimed at disarming Hezbollah. This is in exchange for stopping Israeli military operations in Lebanon. 

Qamati said that Hezbollah categorically rejected these two decisions. They expect the Lebanese government to commit to “preparing a national security strategy”. 

Last week, Israel hinted that it would reduce its military presence in southern Lebanon.

This is if the Lebanese army takes measures to disarm Hezbollah.  

Meanwhile, Israel continued its raids, killing four people on Wednesday. 

Division has prevailed in Lebanon over disarming Hezbollah since the devastating war with Israel last year. 

Which has ravaged the balance of power that has long been dominated by the Iranian-backed Shiite group. 

Internal and external pressures

Lebanon is under pressure from the United States and Hezbollah’s local opponents to disarm the group. 

However, Hezbollah rejects this.

He said that simply discussing his disarmament would be a grave mistake while Israel continues its air strikes on Lebanon. 

Last month, Hezbollah Secretary-General Naim Qassem raised the possibility of civil war. 

He warned the government against trying to confront the group, and said that protests might take place in the streets. 

TAGGED:Hezbollah's weaponsLebanon
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Telegram Threads Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article After his death.. "Armani fever" sweeps the Internet  After his death.. “Armani fever” sweeps the Internet 
Next Article Shock.. Stop buying baby carrots immediately Shock.. Stop buying baby carrots immediately

Editor's Pick

Girona turns the tables on Barcelona and ignites the La Liga title race

Girona turns the tables on Barcelona and ignites the La Liga title race (video)

Madrid, Spain - Barcelona suffered a surprise 2-1 defeat against Girona at the Montilivi Stadium in the 24th round of…

By
Ahmed Khairy
1 Min Read
Imran Khan's sons are demanding permission to visit their father due to his deteriorating health
Imran Khan sons are demanding permission to visit their father due to his deteriorating health

Concerns are growing about the health of Pakistan's former prime minister in…

2 Min Read
The Lebanese army presents the second phase plan for confiscating weapons north of the Litani River
The Lebanese army presents the second phase plan for confiscating weapons north of the Litani River

تعزيز سلطة الدولة وتحقيق الاستقرار الأمني

3 Min Read

Trending

Al Wahda falls to Al Hilal 2-0 in the AFC Champions League

Al Wahda falls to Al Hilal with two goals in the AFC Champions League (video)

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - Al Hilal Saudi team achieved victory…

5 hours ago

Shabab Al Ahly qualifies for the Round of 16 despite Al Ahly Saudi’s four goals in the AFC Champions League (video)

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – Despite losing…

6 hours ago

Iran former crown prince calls Trump to increase pressure on Tehran

Pahlavi calls for "humanitarian intervention" and…

7 hours ago

Russia: Five drones shot down over Sevastopol, air attack thwarted

TASS reports that the Russian Defense…

7 hours ago

Jordanian monarch: Israeli actions in the West Bank threaten a dangerous escalation

Fears of a new political and…

7 hours ago

You may also be interested in

Caribbean hurricane
NewsWorld

“Hurricane Melissa batters the Caribbean… hundreds of thousands of children in the path of disaster”

Caribbean Islands – Hurricane Melissa caused widespread devastation after sweeping through the Caribbean with tremendous force. It left behind tragic…

1 Min Read
Trump: I do not want to escalate the Russian war against Ukraine
NewsReports and investigationsWorld

Axios: Israel informed the Trump administration in advance of its strikes on Gaza

News wires - US President Donald Trump

3 Min Read
Sudan implements austerity measures: Terminating consultants' contracts and cutting expenses in the Iraqi Prime Minister's office.
Arab CountriesNews

Sudan implements austerity measures: Terminating consultants’ contracts and cutting expenses in the Iraqi Prime Minister’s office.

Baghdad, Iraq – The media office of outgoing Iraqi Prime Minister Mohammed Shia al-Sudani announced on Monday a broad package…

2 Min Read
South Africa maintains its refusal to allow the displacement of Palestinians from Gaza and the West Bank
NewsWorld

A firm stance: South Africa maintains its refusal to allow the displacement of Palestinians from Gaza and the West Bank.

A firm stance: South Africa maintains its refusal to allow the displacement of Palestinians from Gaza and the West Bank.

1 Min Read
Top Header VOE Logo Header Dark Mode VOE Logo
  • About Us
  • Contact us
  • Advertisement
  • Media Service Request
  • Privacy Policy
Reading: The government session was an “opportunity” for reason. Hezbollah refuses to hand over weapons  
Share
  • Publishing Principles
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • Diversity Policy
  • Actionable Feedback Policy
  • Ownership & Funding
  • Privacy Policy
Reading: The government session was an “opportunity” for reason. Hezbollah refuses to hand over weapons  
Share

All rights reserved © Voice Of Emirates – a news service from Our Media Group

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?